RE: XWin cant lock the screen

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:

> Try Harold suggestions from previous mail.

I did, but this was not not the problem since the screen can do 1280x1024

> > after startup with -screen 0 1280x1024x16 X now comes up with the error
> > message "Acquire Keyboard Error = 80070005 (DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO).

this seems to be cause by tweakui x-mouse

> > After clicking the message away sometimes the XServer can now lock (It
> > seems, that if after clicking the message away the focus returns
> > to another
> > window, the XServer cant't lock again, and after some seconds, it
> > is stable).
if the server has to change displaymodes, it can lock the screen. But
if not I can see the x-pointer and the windows pointer at the same time
and the start has failed.
> > So I have to try often to get a running X, (but then it works great)

some keys won't work properly (even with xmodmap). It's (on my german
keyboard) '<>|' and most important Alt_R. xev reports the keypress
of Control_L and Alt_L . How can I compose these keys.
XWin seems only manages switches by Alt-Tab correcly. Pressing for example
the windows keys puts X into background, but XWin still draws on the screen.
When switching back, X crashes with "DDSurfaceLock : IDirectDrawSurface_Restore returned an error"

Ok thats for now
.
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de | http://www.gotti.org